vendredi 10 mai 2013

FOTD - Sweet lilac!

Hi everyone!
 
Today, i'm trying something different, something totally new for me : doing a Face Of The Day.  Pictures and display of the products used, are gonna get better with the time. Like i said, it's a first so bare with me.
 
 
I couldn't resist the attraction, this morning, of some sweet, nice, soft pink/lilac colors. This is the final result. 
 
     When i do my make-up, i rarely decide before what to do. I prefer facing few seconds all my eyeshadows, waiting for some signs or ... i don't know, vision?!! This week, i tried to use, as a base, the color tattoo metal 24hr (from Maybelline NY) in Inked in Pink. It's a very nice color ... already said that in the short intro! But yeah, on my eyelid, this pink with a subtle touch of shimmer, looks light on me, almost natural.
But, no eyeshadows would do much for me without applying first Too Faced eyeshadow primer anti-crease.
The lip color - Eternally Nude 193 from L'Oréal Color Caresse Stain MC - reminds softly the colors on the cheeks (sort of a peachy coral).
 
 
     So, my instinct today guided me with some colors in the same range, using only eyeshadows from the brand MakeUp Geek (http://www.makeupgeek.com/store/) above my color tattoo.
 
    The mascara is from Maybelline NY - The Rocket volum' express waterproof in super intense black (because black isn't black enough!). Then, Rimmel Professional Eyebrow pencil in hazel, and to set, Anastasia Clear Brow gel. The liner is Midnight Black from Smashbox waterproof eyeliner gel. I placed it as well inside the waterline.
 
      First, i started with a soft lilac (7) on the eyelid until the crease line. Then, i put a slight pinch of a mix of some brown and mango eyeshadows (6+9) in the outside corner. Blending well together. While the inside corner shines with a beautiful shimmery light pink (8). Under the eyebrows, a fairly color, close to my skin tone (10).
Underneath the waterline, i wanted an opposite color. So i choose to mix 3 colors in the green/teal area (3+4+5).
 
                                                                                    The eyeshadows used:
 
 
2 - Color Tattoo Metal 24hr / Inked in Pink.
 
3 - Seamist
4 - Appletini
5 - Mermaid
6 - Mango Tango
7 - Unexpected
8 - Shimma Shimma
9 - Taupe Notch
10 - Vanilla Bean
 
 
 
 
 The Face products:
 
Rimmel Foundation - Wake Me Up in True Ivory 103
Covergirl + Almay concealer stick in Fair 320
Maybelline NY Fit Me concealer in Fair 15
Rimmel Pressed Powder Stay Matte / Buff Beige
Urban Decay make-up setting spray All-Nighter
Too Faced matte bronzing powder in Chocolate Soleil
Milani baked powder blush in Luminoso
Lorac highlighter in Spotlight
 
    
 
     The stick concealer was used on spots area and the Fit Me (Maybelline NY) to brighten the under eye area. I placed the Chocolate Soleil (Too Faced) powder on the cheekbone and the jaw (the color on the very left of the picture). The classic and famous blush Luminoso (Milani) just above the cheekbones area, and upon it, a very light gold highlighter (Lorac).
 
I fixed the make-up with the brilliant All-Nighter (Urban Decay). Even if i'm still stesting it, especially now with warm and humide températures, i can say that it helps to stay on and decrease a lot the shine on the mid-section. A must-have for good!
 
I must say that i like the outcome.
This whole mix of colors is working as a super friend for my eyes and make them pop even more ... which by the way, i didn't tell you, are Pers : meaning, there natural color is a beautiful, hypnotic green with some golden sparkles inside. But their special feature is to change color for blue or grey depending on my mood, the colors that i'm wearing or the weather. One of my goal this year, is to start working on the « i decide and control myself the color ». Yeah ... i'm aware it's a pretty big goal but with some practice and a lot of belief, anything is possible!

Hope you'll like it.
 
 
 

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire